So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Friday, June 6, 2014

London to Budapest

June 6, 2014. I guess I was really tired. I slept till 8. So I just had breakfast in the hotel, packed and waited in the lobby for the shuttle. Now I see the advantage of the Heathrow Express over the shuttle. The shuttle takes forever. I was the first one picked up. Then we drove through tons of traffic in London to pick up others at 3 different hotels. I still think I prefer it, though for the convenience. But it might be a good idea to take a taxi to Paddingtin Station (not far) and then get the Heathrow Express from there. Apparently British Airways is having baggage issues. Something to do with tech issues. We were delayed while they got our luggage on the plane. But you have to give them credit for refreshments. Air Icelandic took me across the Atlantic on 2 long flights and didn't give me a bit to eat. BA takes me on a short 2.5 hour flight and we get sandwiches and "complimentary drinks from the bar."  I had red wine. The two young guys next to me had vodka and coke. Then they each had a beer. One lady asked for tea and the flight attendant said, "Tea! That's not exciting!"
Budapest Airport is small and easy. There are only 3 baggage carousels and there were no other flights coming when ours did. I got my bag right away. Then I went to the ATM right away. A lady from New Zealand couldn't get her card to work in the machine, but I got money with no problems.  On the floor of hoe airport is an orange line that says Airport Shuttle. You just follow it. Then I bought a ticket and waited about 10 minutes. The van came and I got to my hotel in about 40 minutes. This time I was the second to be dropped off. The hotel seems fine. Tomorrow I'll start visiting Budapest. 

No comments: