I really need to make some German friends. They are great travelers. I'm pretty sure I remember that when we were at Yosemite someone who worked in the park told Susan that the most useful language for her was German. In London and in Budapest, everywhere I go, people are speaking German. Signs in this hotel are in Hungarian, Russian and German. Some signs are in English. Breakfasts seem catered to the Germans. The buffet always has cold cuts and cheese. Maybe Hungarians and Brits eat those things for breakfast, too. I know it's definitely not a French breakfast. (I should say I also heard a lot of French in London.) This morning there was even broccoli on the buffet and I saw people eating it. There is also always a cappuccino machine for the coffee. That was true in Morocco, too. Here, I had to choose the first button because I could tell that said coffee - couldn't figure out what the other buttons said.
Budapest is an hour later than London and MUCH warmer. The temperature will be the same as in Alexandria today. My room looks out over a square so I have a lovely view (the photo is in yesterday's post), but incredibly noisy late at night.
Here's a phot of the square in front of my hotel. You can see the tall Hotel Medosz behind it.

No comments:
Post a Comment