So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Belogradchik day 2



June 17, 2014
Yesterday I thought I had posted my blog entry, but today I saw only a few sentences went up. If you read it and it was incomplete, you can check again. It should be longer and with photos now. 
Today we went to see the Belogradchik fortress. It's build into some rock formations. The rocks around here are quite impressive.  
Then we went to a cave with paintings in it. The paintings were interesting, but the stairs and slopes were really treacherous. There were some lights, but it was difficult to see and extremely slippery. Before we went in, Naviana said it would be 2 km walking and we needed to be sure because you can't turn around and come back out since we would be exiting in a different place. I was surprised she asked since we've been on walks that were much longer than 2 km on this trip. The cave visit was very tiring, but I think it was more because of how much you had to constantly concentrate on where you were walking so you wouldn't fall. When we were almost back out ( we could see the light at the end), there was a slippery incline. I couldn't seem to get traction. I just kept slipping down. Sue had to give me a push!  It was definitely worth it, though because of the paintings. 

When we got back to the inn, we were exhausted, but about 45 minutes later, Kate, Cindy and I had a cooking lesson. We made and tarator (cold yogurt and cucumber soup), banitsa (a layered pudding type dessert) and biscuit cake. 

   





No comments: