So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Belogradchik

We took a private van (minibus?) to Belogradchik. The trip was over 4 hours and when we stopped for a pit stop, Naviana bought several bottles of plum brandy.




Then we got to our hotel for tonight. We're kind of out in the woods. It's cold here. It's 70 degrees. It's kind of nice after all the hot, sunny days. In front of the hotel were two little girls I traditional Bulgarian clothes holding baskets with bread and salt, pepper and paprika. When the Russian freed Bulgaria from the Ottomans, the Bulgarians greeted them with bread and salt. 

We put our bags in our rooms and then headed out to a winery. It was very interesting. The owner was very knowledgable. Winery photos are on my camera so I can't upload them. But Sue just told me that she has something. So I will try to use her device tomorrow.  When we got back from the winery, we ordered dinner at our hotel. It's kind of like a guesthouse none man owns it. His wife cooks. His daughters greeted us. When we were about to have dinner, Naviana had a surprise for us. She had hired an ensemble of Bulgarian folk dancers. After they danced several dances, they insisted that we dance with them. 

Then we had a fabulous dinner. 

No comments: