So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Energy efficiency and sight seeing in Budapest

June 7, 2014I'm always amazed at how other countries do so much more to conserve energy. In both India and London, the lights wouldn't come on in the hotel room unless you put your key in a little slot on the wall --meaning that you couldn't leave the lights on when you  weren't in the room. Here, in Budapest, you can leave the lights on, but last night when I arrived, I opened the window to see the view. Later, it was hot so I left the window open. It still stayed pretty hot and it was very noisy in the square below late into the night. I still kept the window open because I thought it would be unbearably hot with it closed. Today I noticed a sign that says if the window is open heat or AC will turn off. So I shut the window and now it's perfectly comfortable in here.
They have the same tour buses here as in London.  And, as in London, you also get a river cruise with  it.  So now I have sailed on the Danube.
Some photos:

Today's lunch: really good salad and paprika chicken (famous Hungarian dish)



2 comments:

dschmidt2 said...

I love reading your travel blog.

Kathy Keenoy said...

OMG, Donna! I had no idea you were reading it. It just seems so boring, but I've never succeeded in keeping a journal and I am able to write in the blog.