My first flight was 5.5 hrs to Reykjavik and I was thinking it wasn't bad. When we got to the airport in Reykjavik, I hadn't slept except a few times when I dozed for less than 10 minutes and it was about 6:30 am there. I know the rule about putting yourself on local time right away, so I had coffee and a yogurt and decided it was morning. The weather didn't help. Reykjavik was just GRAY. It looked miserable. That airport does have the nicest bathrooms I've ever seen, though. (In my head I hear David Sklar In Morocco asking in exasperation why we ladies always have to comment on the quality of the bathrooms. And these were better than those in the airport in Casa.). The next flight to London, I was so tired I felt sick. I dozed a little, but I can't sleep more than 10 minutes on a plane. I rallied a little when I got to London. I managed to take the Heathrow Express into London. I asked a man about getting the underground to my hotel. He told me which train to take and walked with me to where I bought my Oyster card. I got to my hotel at about 1:30. I thought if I took a shower and changed clothes, I would get some energy. Then I thought if I ate lunch, I'd feel up to sight-seeing. I went to a peri-peri chicken place. I walked around the neighborhood a little, but now I'm back in my room totally exhausted. I'm going to have to take a nap. I did take 2 photos in the neighborhood of my hotel. I did take 2 photos. One is of the strange lines in the street. I don't understand them. The other is of the "American Diner". Note that it's halal!


No comments:
Post a Comment