So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Episcopal Church

Tuesday, March 14, 2017
I found the Episcopal church.  It's right down the street from my house, but the gate is always closed. It might be open on Sundays, but I have Arabic class and teach four classes on Sundays (one of my busiest days).
Here's the sign for the church 

Here's the plaque with the bells:
The first bell says it's the priest's house.  The second says it's Zarafely house (?) and the third bell is the school.
I have to walk past the church when I go to the market, so I pass it almost every day.  One day as I was walking past, the gate to the church courtyard was open.  I decided to walk in and see if I could find anyone.  I went in, but all I saw was closed doors.  As I was walking around, the gate closed electronically!  I was afraid I was locked in!  But it turned out that I could just open it from inside to leave.
Finally, I sent an email to the priest.  He answered that I am welcome and that services are every Sunday at 10:00.  That's not a good time for me, but I can leave Arabic class early and also leave church early to go teach my class.  I can at least try that this Sunday.


No comments: