Wednesday, March 15, 2017
I love my Arabic teacher and we have class in a beautiful place. Normally, classes are in the Project Hope Training Center or in the PH Office, but both are full at the time of my class, so we have class in the cultural center. It's beautiful. Here is the plaque that says the name of the center:
Here is the room where I take my class:
And here are some photos of other rooms in the center:
Every day, halfway through the class, we walk across the street to the cafe to have a coffee. We often see another volunteer there and stop to talk to him for a while. In the cafe, there is a sheesha pipe always burning. (Usually, in a cafe, you order sheesha for your table.) The owner always offers some. Jameel takes some, but I don't. Usually sheesha is flavored tobacco, but Jameel says this pipe is not flavored and it's very strong. Here's a photo of Jameel with the sheesha and his coffee.
Today, after Arabic class, I went to the PH office to meet Heide and the local volunteer who would accompany us to the school to teach. For this class, each time we have had a different volunteer, so I had no idea who it would be. When I got to the office, I asked Noura who the volunteer would be, and she said it was Jameel!!! I was very happy. Neither of us had any idea we would be going together. And Jameel is also friends with Heide. So, it was nice to go the three of us together. And, since he's my Arabic teacher, he encouraged me to talk to the taxi driver in Arabic! It was great.
After the class, I came home for lunch. I had just finished eating my lunch, when the landlady knocked on the door and handed me a big plate of food!!! It will have to wait for dinner time when the five of us can share it. No microwave! :(
I love my Arabic teacher and we have class in a beautiful place. Normally, classes are in the Project Hope Training Center or in the PH Office, but both are full at the time of my class, so we have class in the cultural center. It's beautiful. Here is the plaque that says the name of the center:
Here is the room where I take my class:
And here are some photos of other rooms in the center:
Today, after Arabic class, I went to the PH office to meet Heide and the local volunteer who would accompany us to the school to teach. For this class, each time we have had a different volunteer, so I had no idea who it would be. When I got to the office, I asked Noura who the volunteer would be, and she said it was Jameel!!! I was very happy. Neither of us had any idea we would be going together. And Jameel is also friends with Heide. So, it was nice to go the three of us together. And, since he's my Arabic teacher, he encouraged me to talk to the taxi driver in Arabic! It was great.
After the class, I came home for lunch. I had just finished eating my lunch, when the landlady knocked on the door and handed me a big plate of food!!! It will have to wait for dinner time when the five of us can share it. No microwave! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment