So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Some notes from back home

I'm back home now. A little background. Oumar actually called me on the night of the 13th (night in Beirut - earlier in the U.S.) and said that my mother had died. He was with her at the time. It didn't change the travel plans. I was still leaving in the morning, but it took away the urgency. Ellen picked me up at the airport on 1/14 and I spent the night at home and then drove to NJ the next day. Everything went fine with the funeral, etc. my friends were amazing in their support. 
Right before I left, I walked to the Anglican church so that I could go there on the following Sunday. I left Beirut and never got to go there. I had put the directions in my phone so I would remember the way. I want to paste them here so I will have them when I return to Beirut one day. The font changes because I pasted from the notes in my phone. 
Follow Pasteur Street
It becomes Al Arz
Turn right and go one block to get to Charles Helou
Left on Charles Helou
Becomes Waygand
Pass Beirut Souks
Right on Chateaubriand at Vogue Etoile 
Go 1 block and left at Grand Hyatt on Rue Ahmed Chaouiqui
Go 1 block and Right at QNB right after information sign
Church is at end of street

That's it. I will end my blog until my ne trip. 


No comments: