So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

More getting to know the neighborhood and a problem at home

It's Sunday. You can do laundry on Wednesdays or Sundays. So, I was planning to do it this morning. But I didn't read the directions and it's Wednesday mornings and Sunday afternoons. I have been signed up to use the washer at 2:00 and it's been being used all day. This is very frustrating. I will need to find the solution to this. 
For breakfast, I decided I should eat something different since I've been having the same thing every morning. I ordered fatteh. It's yogurt with tahini, chick peas and cumin. Then they put pita chips in it. I liked it. It reminded me a little of corn flakes - the texture. The taste is totally different t. You mostly notice the cumin. 

I went for another walk around the neighborhood. I'm just trying to get really familiar with my neighborhood. It's usually difficult to walk because sidewalks tend to be blocked by parked cars, trash cans or security guards who don't let you pass in front of a building. You go a little ways on the sidewalk, then you have to go in the street and the traffic is awful. However, there seems to be a lot less traffic on Sundays. 
There are many stairways that link streets - as if the steps are a street or an alley. They even give the steps names. 

I walked up a really long stairway. I took a photo on the way down, but didn't think to take it till I had already descended 3 flights. 

I called my mother today as I usually do on Sunday. She didn't answer her home phone, so I called her cell. It turned out she is in the hospital. She fell in the bathroom and hit her head and her hip. The hip is fractured and mildly displaced. She has to see the orthopedist to find out what they will do. I think they will be hesitant to do surgery on a 95 year old. It happened at a very bad time because I am in Lebanon and my brother is in Florida. My nephew has a car in NY. Maybe he will drive down and Oumar could go with him. We also need to find out what to do about feeding her cat. More on all that tomorrow. 


No comments: