Then we walked to the City Mall. It's a very nice mall - just like one in the states. We walked around the stores and had lunch in the food court. Most of the food places are the same as in the U.S.: MacDonalds, KFC, etc , but there was a place that made Lebanese sandwiches. We chose that one. There was also a supermarket in there. We went there because they needed some things for their home.
Then, they were going to take a taxi home because they had bags to carry. I said I would just take a separate taxi back to Saifi since it was already 3:30. We told the driver the neighborhood (Gemmayze) and he got me to the neighborhood, but didn't know where the school was. I told him Pasteur Street, but that didn't seem to help. After a while, as he drove, I recognized where I was. It was on the street I walked on last night. I'm so glad I walked last night and learned that other street. I got out there and walked the rest of the way. There are a lot of one way streets, including mine, and I was afraid if I tried to have him drive the next couple blocks to where the school was, we'd get lost again. Then after going to my room, I went for another exploratory walk. Here are a few photos from the walk.
This is written on the side of the colorful steps.






No comments:
Post a Comment