So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Going home early

January 13, 2016
My mom is in critical condition. Things keep going up and down, but it doesn't look good. She has an infection and her blood pressure is very low. My nephew is at the hospital. Oumar is on his way to the hospital, but won't get there for at least an hour. 
I called the travel insurance company. They put me through to their travel agent. She booked flights for me. She could have gotten me one tonight, but I would have had to stay overnight in London, so it seemed like there's no point. I will fly out at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I go through Heathrow and get to Dulles at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Ellen (my wonderful fellow pilgrim) has said she will pick me up at the airport. I will definitely go home, take a shower and repack. Then, I will see whether to leave right away or wait till morning. 
I don't know what exactly the insurance will reimburse. They said the policy pays for reimbursement up to 150% of the original travel cost. I paid for the new flight with my credit card. 
Saifi was very nice. Ahmed said I will lose my deposit. I paid $1085 for 35 nights. I stayed 12 nights. He gave me $535 cash back. He didn't have enough cash there, so he needed to go get some. As he left, he asked if I was a student, too. I said yes. When he came back with the money, he also brought someone from the school. She said I can come back another time to take my class - up to 2 semesters from now. 
I emailed Albin and Patricia that I won't be coming to class tonight and that I am going home. They came over to say goodbye. It's nice that I made some good friends on this trip. 

No comments: