So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Beirut souks

January 7, 2016
Last night Albin told me I should walk to Beirut Souks. He gave me directions. Albin also said, "you can use Google Maps", but I turned my data off on the phone when I arrived in Istanbul. I only get data when I am at Saifi and use their free wifi. If I use data here, it will cost a lot. But then I realized I could go to google maps in my room and take a screen shot of the map so I could look at it on the phone anytime. That's what I did, but I didn't need it. (It gave me more confidence, though). Beirut Souks is not far, but you have to cross some very busy streets. It didn't take long to walk there. It has some very pretty shops, but most are the same companies we have in the U.S.  They have Calvin Klein, DKNY, Nine West, Gap, etc. it's very nice. I just walked around , but they were having after Christmas sales. Many things were fifty per cent off. There were lots of security guards also.  They have a great "I ❤️ Beirut" sign. A little boy was taking his mom's photo, so I asked him to take mine. 


Here are some photos of the shops. They still have their Christmas decorations up. Unfortunately, the lights don't show well in the photos. 





No comments: