So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A day to study and meet a new friend

January 5, 2016
Today after breakfast, I decided I needed to sit out in the sitting room to study.  I can't meet anyone sitting my room with the door closed.  A Chinese woman came out and sat there. She is a petrochemical engineer living in Norway. She came here for the holidays. She's visited a lot of places in Lebanon and liked them a lot. Before coming to Lebanon, she visited Jordan. She said it's quite a bit colder there and very dry. She spent a night in a tent in Wadi Rum (which I will do, too). It was so cold that she see her breath!  Anyway, we spent a good part of the day just talking and also had lunch together in the cafe. It was too rainy to go out. She is flying back to Norway tonight, so it just gave me a one-day friend, but it was a nice afternoon and I really need to spend the rest of the time today studying. Tomorrow I will use the same strategy again, but I might make sure I get more studying done before going out to the sitting room. 

No comments: