I'm reaching the point where there may not be enough to write each day.
My mom had her surgery last night and is back in her room and recovering just fine. I've tried twice to call, but got no answer. She must be sleeping. I am feeling a lot less anxiety about it today. Several friends wrote and were very supportive and last night I had a text chat with Maryann. She reminded me how healthy and strong my mother actually is - much healthier than most people her age so I shouldn't compare her with others her age. I also looked up some relaxation techniques this morning.
I don't have class on Tuesdays, so I walked to the marina. I wanted to find where the Anglican Church is. Albin had told me where to find it and I had also seen it on Google maps, but I needed to actually walk it. It took a little exploring and at first I thought I wouldn't find it. It's next to the Four Seasons Hotel. I found the hotel, but not the church. Then, as I was giving up, I saw a sign for it. It's more like behind the hotel. It's a small, traditional building in the middle of lots of very tall, modern hotels. It has a fence around it and the gate was locked (What's not, in Lebanon?), so I couldn't get too close.



No comments:
Post a Comment