Then we came to the college. Joanne and I went down the street and shopped a little. I bought a skirt. It would be cooler to wear here, but I don't have a blouse to go with it. Then we had lunch at the college. After lunch, we had free time. Joanne and I decided we wanted to see King David's City. Annette, Debbie and Jon decided to come with us. We thought we needed to go through the souk. We wanted to go in through the Damascas Gate and then go back to n a straight to the other side and come out the Dung Gate. Well,me took the wrong road to the souk and ended up at the Herod Gate. We went in that way, but got very lost. It took us two hours to get to the other side. (People also did some shopping along the way). Finally, we came out the other side, in the Jewish quarter. We stopped at a cafe and had a drink to keep our energy up. Then we walked around and came to King David's tomb. We also came across the room of the last supper. (I'm doubtful that anyone has any idea where either of these things actually are.).
We started walking no back at 4:00, but found the direct route out and got back in only half an hour. That left a little time to take a shower since we were very sweaty. Rodney gave an hour lecture before on the Holy Week scriptures. It was hard to pay attention because I was feeling really tired. A couple other people didn't come or fell asleep in the lecture. (The room was dark because he had slides and there was the white noise of the air conditioner.). After dinner, we went to a neighboring hotel with Alain, Peter and Nick to have ice cream. It was a lovely day, but each day is very tiring.




No comments:
Post a Comment