So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Last day in the holy land

Monday, May 25, 2015
Today was the last day of the course. Our bus took us out to Emmaus. There's a crusader churc there - actually the ruins of one. We set plastic chairs in a circle and had Eucharist. Then we drove to Caesaria Marítima. The cita was Founder by The Phoenicians, but then Herod bult a complete city there. There are many ruins. It's also a nice place to go swimming. I didn't bring my bathing suit, but I waded into the water to about mid-thigh. We spent the whole afternoon there. 



It's about a 2 hour drive back. We arrived at the college at around five. That gave us some time to pack. I've bought quite a lot of stuff here, including a coffee set and some Armenian dishes. I put all the things in my bag and it looked pretty full. However, I was able to get my clothes in. I think I'll be okay. At 6:30, we went up to the roof with a bottle of wine. Everyone was there. It was nice to have a last evening together. 



We also went over to the guesthouse after dinner for another bottle of wine. Paul came, too. Some people are leaving for the airport during the night, but most of us will be here for breakfast. We are taking a van to Tel a Aviv at 10:30 tomorrow morning. Alain has given us some ideas for what to do there tomorrow. 

No comments: