This morning we went to the Aya Sofia. I mostly walked and enjoyed seeing everything. I took many photos of it last year so I didn't bring my camera - just my phone. It really is breath-taking. I did regret not paying the extra 20 TL to get the audio tour. It would be nice to have more explanation.
Next we walked over by the Grand Bazaar. It was around noon and we were getting low on energy, so we stopped for a drink. I had ayran (pronounced I - Ron). It's a yogurt drink. Then we walked to the spice bazaar.
After that, we went directly to the grand bazaar. Joanne bought a rug.
After the grand bazaar, we were pretty exhausted so we went to another restaurant, The Cozy Turkish Kitchen. Everyone wanted a Turkish beer, but I don't like beer, so I ordered two traditional Turkish things, baklava and raki (an anise flavored drink).
Tomorrow is our last day in Istanbul. I will be sorry to leave it, but happy to go to Jerusalem
20,413 steps. 8.52 miles.






No comments:
Post a Comment