So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Monday, January 2, 2012

A very nice day

I found out where the showers are yesterday and had a nice hot shower this morning.  What a difference if makes.  I felt really warm.  I also made myself a hot cup of tea in the kitchen (bought the tea at a little store last night.)
Things are really starting to happen now.  Arriving on Saturday meant I was here when no workers were here and most students hadn't arrived yet.  Today, Leila, the lady who cleans came.  She's wonderful.  She will be a good resource - very friendly.
I went to the office to get my schedule and pay my fees.  It's a great schedule.  I have classes Mon - Thur 10:00 - 12:00 and 4:00 - 6:00.  On Friday, I have classes 8:00 - 12:00.  Lots of students arrived today.  Leila told me the residence is now full - 14 students.  (There are other students on home-stay or living other places.)  Leila told me I'm very lucky to have a private room.  (I started emailing them in November to ask what I could do to be sure I have a private room.)  This afternoon, I sat on the roof and studied.  That's definitely the place to go - nice and warm and sunny.  Linda (registrar) told me that the last few days have been unusually cold.  She said the cold air is coming down off the mountains.  It looks like it will get a little warmer in a few days.  I do think that my room will always feel cold, though.  Outside seems to always be better than in. 
I'm still working on learning my way around.  I have only walked around this area.  When I feel that I know it, I'll go further.  Page suggested taking a taxi to the old part of town and then walking back.  I think that sounds like a good system.  I've done quite a bit of walking each day and haven't had any problems with my foot.
Tomorrow, classes start.  I'm excited.  (And a little nervous - hope I'm not the weakest student in the class.)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good luck on your first day of class! I'm thinking about all my first days of school and how my mom took pictures of us in our new school clothes with our new backpacks and all as we left the house heading to our first day.

David said...

Well, you're probably back from your first class and I'm sure it was great. I have no doubt that you're NOT the weakest (by far) in the class. I'm just back from my (far less exotic) travels to Illinois and finally catching up to your blog. It's wonderful and I'm loving sharing your impressions. I can fill the chill in the air. Enjoy! and keep blogging!