We had our first quiz this morning - pretty hard. I wouldn't call it a quiz. I'd call it a unit test. Anyway, it's good - keeps me studying.
This evening, we grilled burgers. Peter thought he would need to buy a hibachi, but Leila (the woman who works in the house - cleaning, etc) said we had a barbecue. It turned out there was a big one in the side garden. None of us had ever gone there. Leila cleaned it out for us and showed Stephan where to buy charcoal. There's no lighter fluid and people were worried that we wouldn't be able to light the charcoal. It's real charcoal - bits of wood in variable sizes. Fortunately, I remembered that Ganam used to start charcoal on the gas stove in the kitchen because he didn't like the chemicals in the lighter fluid. So, we placed small piles on the stove, started them and then transferred them to the barbecue. It was very successful. We even had buns, ketchup and Vache Qui Rit cheddar cheese (surprisingly good!)
Some of the others left at 10:00 to go to a bar. I declined. I need to get ready to leave tomorrow. We need to get a taxi at 6:30 and get to the bus station at 7:00. I won't be taking my computer with me, so the next time I'll be in touch is Sunday night. I will take the Moroccan cell phone and my ipod touch in case they have wireless internet (which seems to be more common in Morocco than in the US!)
Barbecue pics:
This evening, we grilled burgers. Peter thought he would need to buy a hibachi, but Leila (the woman who works in the house - cleaning, etc) said we had a barbecue. It turned out there was a big one in the side garden. None of us had ever gone there. Leila cleaned it out for us and showed Stephan where to buy charcoal. There's no lighter fluid and people were worried that we wouldn't be able to light the charcoal. It's real charcoal - bits of wood in variable sizes. Fortunately, I remembered that Ganam used to start charcoal on the gas stove in the kitchen because he didn't like the chemicals in the lighter fluid. So, we placed small piles on the stove, started them and then transferred them to the barbecue. It was very successful. We even had buns, ketchup and Vache Qui Rit cheddar cheese (surprisingly good!)
Some of the others left at 10:00 to go to a bar. I declined. I need to get ready to leave tomorrow. We need to get a taxi at 6:30 and get to the bus station at 7:00. I won't be taking my computer with me, so the next time I'll be in touch is Sunday night. I will take the Moroccan cell phone and my ipod touch in case they have wireless internet (which seems to be more common in Morocco than in the US!)
Barbecue pics:

No comments:
Post a Comment