So Many More Places To Go!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
My first full day in Fez
I slept pretty late - mostly because I didn't want to get out from under the warm blankets. Then, I wandered around the city - not far, just this section - and got lost. When I found my way back, I was feeling very tired and I took a nap. I went back out in the afternoon because I knew I had to get out of here to get warm. So, I went to the corner restaurant and had pizza and then walked around. I got lost again, but found my way back faster the second time. In the afternoon, it is sunny and really pleasant to walk around. Later, I was sitting on the porch reading and Remy came out (That's the kitchen guy). He told me that it's very pleasant to sit on the roof. Nothing blocks the sun, so it's nice and warm and there's a great view. I'll try it tomorrow. I also talked to Page (my 3rd friend!) in the kitchen just now. She's from Chevy Chase and has studied in Jordan. She was telling me how to get to a big supermarket that's kind of like a Walmart. I'll definitely go there tomorrow. I need a towel (couldn't fit it in my suitcase) and some other stuff. I'm hoping everything will get busier tomorrow. The school will be open, so I should be able to talk to people there, get my schedule and, hopefully, other new students will come. Classes start Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy New Year! Glad to see that you are getting out and learning the city. Is walking the primary way you will get around or is there a good public transportation system? Have fun on your first day of class. How many hours a day do you have classes?
It sounds like you're getting settled ... I can't believe there's a place like Walmart, but GOOD. That will come in handy no doubt. I looked at the 10-day forecast and it looks to be warming up a bit! Have a good first day of class.
Post a Comment