So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Alif Villa

I had planned to go to the desert this weekend.  It looked like a fantastic trip.  You get to eat delicious food, sleep in a Berber tent, watch the sunset over the sand dunes and ride a camel.  Unfortunately, you have to cross the mountains to get there and the road is currently impassable because of snow.  So, I'm going to write about the residence where I am living.
Alif (my school) has a villa around the corner where students can rent rooms.  Currently, there are about 12 of us living here.  In front of the house is a lovely garden - with irises growing in January - and a sunny porch where we can do work in the afternoon (nice and warm)




We have a shared kitchen where we often cook together.  There is a small room off the kitchen with a table where about 3 - 4 people can sit and eat.  It has a microwave and toaster oven.  There is another room off the kitchen with computers and a table.  In front of that is the living room (I have already posted pictures of that) and in the other directions is my room and Stephan's room.
kitchen:







Upstairs, there are more bedrooms and the showers.  Down in the basement, there are more bedrooms and the washing machine.  (I didn't take any pictures in the basement.)
shower:

This last picture is the roof.  We hang our clothes to dry in the sun and sometimes we study up there in the afternoon.  And for all this, I pay $10 per night.

No comments: