So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Thursday - remember I'm 5 hours ahead of you

So, Lemore said enjoy the Italian dinner because you guys are at happy hour, but we had our Italian dinner tonight - Thursday.  Danny and Peter made pasta with merguez (little sausages) and vegetables.  They also had some very tasty croutons in it.  Tomorrow night - still ahead of my happy hour buddies - Danny and Peter are planning to grill on the roof.  They are going to Marjane tomorrow to attempt to buy a hibachi.  They want to grill burgers! (Probably not cheeseburgers because Danny and Peter are Jewish, but I haven't asked them how kosher they are since there's no pork here.)  We'll see if it happens.  (MacDonalds is walking distance if we need it.)
Four (maybe 6?) of us are going to Chefchaouen this weekend.  It's supposed to be very beautiful.  We've gone through lots of debates on how and when to go.  There are no classes on Friday afternoons, but there are also no buses at that time.  It's possible to hire a grand taxi to take you there anytime you want (four hour drive), but it's expensive.  I think our final decision is to take the bus on Saturday morning.  I like that plan because then I could do all my weekend homework on Friday afternoon and leave town knowing all my work is done for Monday.  Chefchaouen is supposed to be very beautiful.  I'll try to post pictures.  So, if I leave Saturday morning, I probably won't bring my computer with me.  I'll post pictures when I get back to Fez.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I had an educational conference in Tangiers one year and we drove there from Oran passing by Chefachaouen. The road is truly lovely! However, warning, there were groups of folks on the side of the road selling you know what. I doubt that has changed much.

L. Fritz said...

The clock on your blog is such a nifty feature but I have to admit I hadn't really used it...now I'm in tune with the time change...your happy hour buds will miss you ...I'll look forward to your pictures when you get back to Fez.

Kathy Keenoy said...

Karen,
What about Tangier? It's not far and accessible by train, but some people say there's nothing to see. I've also heard it's like Tijuana - okay in the daytime, but dangerous at night. I know it's gotten safer recently, but don't know how safe and whether it's worth the trip.

Karen said...

Kathy---my info is DECADES old. At the time, it was safe and very curious: on the cusp of Europe and Africa, the mix was fun. From what you say, I can imagine security issues and the reason for it. You have plenty of places you can visit without going there.