So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting busy

So, I need to write fast.  Before classes started, the days seemed long.  Now, I am having trouble finding time for everything.  I have homework for both my morning class (a story that we read - I need to write it three times: (1) copy it.  (2) Change it from 1st to 3rd person  (3) Paraphrase it.  Then for my afternoon class with Sana, I have to write a paragraph about what I did last Sunday. 
This morning, before class, three of us went to the market and bought sausages, veggies and olives.  Then, after class ended at 6, we went out again to buy oil, spices and wine.  We cooked up a nice meal in the kitchen.  That made the kitchen nice and warm.  I'm sure the wine didn't hurt either. 
At noon today, we had orientation.  We filled out paperwork - passport #, emergency #s, etc.  Then they took us to see the bookstore, library and computer lab.  They're all pretty nice.  I was impressed.  They also gave us a lot of info about living in Fez.  One thing on the list was "dress modestly."  The coordinator said, "I don't think we need to worry about that because it's too cold."  They also passed out the list of extracurricular activities.  There's a trip to the desert for a weekend that I definitely want to go on.  You get to ride a camel.  Actually, all the activities look great.  Most of them are free (not the one to the desert).
Karen Milton asked in a comment how to become a follower.  I did it for Violet's blog, but I already have a blog, so I think that made it easier.  Can anyone answer that question for her.  Karen, at the very least, bookmark the page so you don't have to go through Facebook each time.
It's already after 9.  I've got to start homework.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Kathy,
I love your blog. Thanks for taking the time to write. I really appreciate it!

Karen,
I have a shortcut on my desktop to Kathy's blog. Right click on a blog page and select shortcut, and you'll get here quickly.

Susan

L. Fritz said...

Kathy...Anyone should be able to become a follower of your blog but I'm pretty sure you need to have a google account of some sort....either a gmail account or a blogger. There is a link to invite friends...send it to some email addresses and invite people that way if they're having trouble.

Wendy said...

WINE!!!! That's another way to keep warm at night... drink lots of wine!