So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME

We had a very nice breakfast at our hotel in Gloucester. 
Then, we drove for about an hour to Portsmouth, NH. We took a walking tour - described in Wendy's book. It's again a cute little seaside town. We sat and watched a kids' camp practice their musical and in a park and ate lunch at Copeland's. It's a restaurant where they don't allow any political campaigning.  After spending the morning in Portsmouth, we drove to about an hour to Portland, NH. We went to a brewery and took a tour. The tour was interesting. Wendy and I tasted a little beer, but neither of us likes beer. 

We then drove to our hotel (LaQuinta again). When we got there, I checked the email confirmation and realized that I had made the reservation for the 12th and 13th, but we needed the 13th and 14th. We went in and explained to the girl at the desk. She said that in the case of a no show, it charges you for the first night and cancels your reservation for the following nights. Fortunately, she was able to fix it for us. 
We went to the pool for a while and then to the outlet mall. We found quite a few bargains. 

No comments: