So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Computer quirks

So, in addition to Blogger being in French, here are some other things that have now changed:
  • When I go to google.com, it automatically transfers me to google morocco.  It asks if I want the sites it lists translated into French and also has a place I can click to get an Arabic keyboard and do searches in Arabic.
  • When I go to Yahoo, the page comes up in Arabic.  I can click on English to get an English page.
  • The others are fun, this one's annoying:  My ipod touch has changed to a French keyboard.
Still, the internet is so wonderful.  Having easy access to internet brings me really great joy because it's such an easy way to stay connected with everyone.  How did we live without it before?

    2 comments:

    Wendy said...

    Yes, the internet is a wonderful thing when we are far from those we know and love. And brings comfort when all around us is strange and unknown. I do happen to recall my google and email and blogger switching to German and having to click something to change it back.

    Martha said...

    Hi Kathy! I'm so happy you arrived safely and are getting your bearings! I'm sure it's quite unique right now but I give you a week and you'll say you'll want to move there! But I totally get how cold it can be indoors! It's crazy how were so used to heat everywhere we are even in bathrooms and so forth so hang in there. I bet things will get more exciting as your classes get underway and you meet other classmates. In the meantime, just shop a lot! I have your blog on my iPad so will be following you. Have fun and be safe. Hugs