So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Arrived in Morocco


So I’m now about to spend my first night in Morocco (for this trip.)  The flight over was long, but fine.  You’ve got to love Air France.  They still give you at least one meal and free wine on all their flights.  My seat-mate (a lovely Ivorian woman who works for the World Bank) and I had champagne with our dinner last night.  The pilot on the second flight was wonderfully informative.  About every 15 minutes, he pointed out a landmark (Pyrenees, Madrid, Gibraltar, etc.)  After going through customs, changing money and finding the train station in the airport, I had to wait an hour for the train into Casablanca.  This meant I arrived just at sunset.  I heard the call to prayer as I got off the train, then walked into my hotel room with a Christmas tree in the lobby!  I haven’t had much luck yet with getting a phone.  The one I thought I could use won’t charge and all stores were closed in Casablanca after dark.  I’ll probably wait for Fez to look for one. 
As I’ve been typing this, I’ve just met a young Australian couple who are working their way around the world. And blogger has automatically changed the tabs at the top to French.  I wonder if Wendy's blog tabs were in German when she was there.  She never mentioned that.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad that you arrived safe and sound! I'm SO jealous right now! Decided this morning on my drive back to VA that I am in need of another 'discover myself again' trip.

When I used the computer at the first hotel in Berlin, everything was in German, including the keyboard which is set up different than ours. I kept typing z and y and it drove me crazy. After that I used my own laptop and didn't have those issues anymore.

Kathy Keenoy said...

Wendy,
This is my laptop I'm typing on, so the keyboard is fine. All blog tabs are showing up in French, though. (Up top where it says: become a member, report abuse, etc) I didn't change the language.

Beth Roberts said...

Interesting that blogger changed to French ... lucky you're a French speaker!

Wendy said...

Enjoy the quirkiness of it all!