My second post in the same day! Here's a place I intend to check out when I get there:
http://cafeclock.com A lot of Americans go there. I don't want to spend all my time with Americans, but it's a good "comfort" place. I looked on google maps and they are only a 4 minute walk from my school. They are famous for their camel burgers. Also, in looking at what's going on there this week, I see that they have a workshop called Fez Download. It says: "Let us introduce you to Moroccan culture, customs and language with Khalid. In 1:30hrs you will wow your way round the souks." Perfect for me!
Wait - Am I getting ahead of myself? I will be studying at the Arabic Institute in Fez (ALIF) from Jan 3 to Feb 20. Hopefully, my Arabic will get better. It still won't be fantastic. All you ESL teacher friends, think about how much English your students speak after 6 weeks in the USA.
3 comments:
Fez was one of my favorite places when we lived in Algeria decades ago. Oh, I know you will have a grand time. Great food, too. I'm so jealous....
I also know that you will make even more of an effort to learn the language than some of our student families. You already have a basis and you'll push yourself to communicate with others rather than play the silent game. I have faith that you'll be quite impressed with your fluency!
I know you're going to have an amazing time on your journey...I'll be following your blog...so keep it updated! :)
Post a Comment