March 9: My flight doesn't leave until 8pm but I came to the airport at 10 am with Gavin. His flight for Katmandu was leaving much earlier. I thought I'd rather have company I the taxi ride here and just hang out at the airport for the day. I'm very disappointed in Calcutta airport. Delhi was very big and modern. Calcutta is a tiny airport - more like Bamako. They won't let you go through check-in till it's close to the time of your flight - probably because there isn't enough space there. I had been hoping to look for Indian rum in the duty-free shop, but there is very little in the way of shops here. I also need to change money. They say it's after check-in. There is a nice ladies room and places that sell sandwiches and drinks so I should be fairly comfortable here for the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment