So Many More Places To Go!

How many countries I have been to. Visited Countries Map Maker
Visited 35 UN countries (18.1%) out of 193.
Make your own visited countries map.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The phone and other last minute stuff

I just called Verizon to find out about my phone.  I have an Iphone 4 and it will work in India.  I turned off my data, so I will only be able to use the internet when I am somewhere that has WiFi.  That way there will be no data charges.  Alexandra at Verizon turned on my international roaming.  Phone calls are $2 per minute.  Texts are 50 cents to send and 5 cents to receive (a bargain!).  She recommended that I keep my phone in airplane mode most of the time.  Then I can take photos, etc and check the time, but my phone will use less power.  It won't receive any calls or texts in airplane mode, but I can just turn airplane mode off every so often so I will know if anything has come in.

Also, Jami has made lots of plans for me in Delhi.  She is truly wonderful!  I will meet her on Thursday evening for dinner.  Then, Friday, Jami's local friend who is a travel agent is helping arrange a driver and guide for Friday all day, and for Saturday morning.  He will give me a fair and good deal with the driver and guide. Also, Friday evening, Jami's school has their high school play!  I am getting very excited about all the fun plans.  I think I may have to take Jami on a trip to Paris or something to pay back all she has done for me!

Ellen is picking me up at 6:30 tomorrow morning to take me to Dulles.  I have already done my online check-in with Emirates for my flights.

No comments: