I called G-Adventures to ask some questions. I thought I had booked one extra day in the hotel in Delhi because I would arrive a day ahead of time. Then, as I looked at everything, I realized I get there two days ahead of time. But it turned out that my airport pick-up is for the correct day and also I booked two nights extra in the hotel, so I am all set. I'll have to tell Jami that I have more time in Delhi than I thought. I think that's good, though. It will give me more time to adjust to the time difference and to see Delhi. Also, there are only five people in my group. They are all quite a bit younger: some born in the 70's and some in the 80's. I think I'll keep up okay, though. The girl I talked to had just come back from a trip to Turkey, so I asked her if she had stayed in a tent at all. I'm worried about needing to use the bathroom during the night when I'm in the tent. What if there are thousands of tents at the Kumbh Mela festival and I can't find my way back? She said she hadn't been in a tent, but I should just talk to the CEO (our guide) about it and it will be fine.
Also, last Saturday, I had dinner with friends from Fez, Jeremie and his girlfriend, Andi, and Stefan and his wife, Agnes. Stefan has been to India and said, "Oh, you're in for a treat. You'll love India." When I said I was flying on Emirates, both he and his wife said it is a fabulous airline. Stefan is very tall and he said there's lots of leg room and it was the best experience flying coach he's ever had. That's really a good thing since it's a 14 hour flight just to Dubai and another 3 hour flight from there to Delhi. So, I feel much better about the two things I was worried about (tent and superlong flight). Also, I'm so glad for my Fez trip last year. This G-Adventures group will be similar to my Fez buddies. The people I was with almost constantly were a 22 year-old, a 31 year-old and two 36 year-olds. That's not too different from my India group. I know I kept up with them - walking all over the city. So, I have confidence that I will keep up with this group, too.
Also, last Saturday, I had dinner with friends from Fez, Jeremie and his girlfriend, Andi, and Stefan and his wife, Agnes. Stefan has been to India and said, "Oh, you're in for a treat. You'll love India." When I said I was flying on Emirates, both he and his wife said it is a fabulous airline. Stefan is very tall and he said there's lots of leg room and it was the best experience flying coach he's ever had. That's really a good thing since it's a 14 hour flight just to Dubai and another 3 hour flight from there to Delhi. So, I feel much better about the two things I was worried about (tent and superlong flight). Also, I'm so glad for my Fez trip last year. This G-Adventures group will be similar to my Fez buddies. The people I was with almost constantly were a 22 year-old, a 31 year-old and two 36 year-olds. That's not too different from my India group. I know I kept up with them - walking all over the city. So, I have confidence that I will keep up with this group, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment